Horsham District Older Peoples Forum (HDOPF) exists for anyone to raise issues that relate to or affect local older people and to direct them to appropriate services.
We are an independent, non-political, voluntary group.
Quarterly public meetings are held around the district and are free to attend and take part in. Details are shown below
Where possible, we take action on issues raised by talking to local councils or by carrying out useful projects
Our next public meeting:
- Wednesday 3rd June 2020 10.30am (10am tea/coffee) at Billingshurst Centre, Roman Way Billingshurst RH14 9QW
Other planned public meetings in 2020:
- Tuesday 1st September 2020 Rudgwick Village Hall, Guildford Road, Bucks Green RH12 3JN
- Friday 6th November 2020 MP Question Time (Provisional date only; details to be confirmed)
Tea/coffee is available at 10 am. Meeting starts at 10.30 am and will finish by 1.00 pm. All our meetings are free to attend
We also act as an information hub and consultative group for anyone seeking the views of older people in the district on particular plans, topics or schemes that may affect older people. The Forum is pleased to circulate and publicise information and events that may be of interest to local older people or carers.
The Forum is actively working towards an ‘Age-Friendly’ and ‘Dementia Friendly’ Horsham.
HDOPF are currently:
- a member of the Horsham District Dementia Action Alliance and have an action plan
- represented on the Horsham District Community Safety Partnership - Older Vulnerable Persons Forum & Road Safety Action Group regarding the older driver
- represented on Horsham Town Community Partnership and working on 2 projects; mobility scooter training and Horsham combined bus routes and timetables
- working with Age UK Horsham District, WSCC, Healthwatch and Park Surgery on a Hospital Insight working Group i.e. on the Hospital Bag Tag project
- working with WSCC (Partnership & Communities and Transport Bureau), Age UK Horsham District & Community Transport Sussex on a Community Transport Working Group
- represented on a service task & finishing working group on Post A&E Attendance / Hospital Admission Falls Prevention with NHS Sussex and East Sussex Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP), Sussex Health & Care Partnership
- working with HDC (Health & Wellbeing) on continuing to update the Horsham District Older Peoples Directory of Services.
If you would like to get involved and / or come along or if you require more information then please contact us email: firstname.lastname@example.org